Bacterial infections of the most variable locations, intensity and course by ampicillin-sensitive agents, both acute and chronic or chronically recurring infections of different degrees of severity, for example:
• Septicemia, endocarditis and meningitis, mainly in Haemophilus influenzae, enterococci and Listerias sensitive to ampicillin, if necessary in combination with another suitable antibiotic.
• Respiratory tract infections.
• Bordetella pertussis (early treatment and prophylaxis) in childhood.
• Urinary tract infections (pyelonephritis).
• Infections in gynecology and obstetrics.
• Bile duct infections.
• Bacterial intestinal infections by Salmonella, Shigella and E. coli.
• Sanitation of constant carriers of Salmonella typhi.
Serious infections, for example sepsis, endocarditis, meningitis, gynecological and obstetric infections, and sanitation of constant Salmonella carriers require parenteral application initially. Thereafter, subsequent oral treatment with the appropriate application form is possible in each case. In dentistry: Prophylaxis and treatment of infections of the oral cavity.
BINOTAL® can be administered during pregnancy.